- Communicates with executives and gains approval for purchasing contracts with new vendors or on new supplies.
- Order placement with supplier based on planning lead times, and managing all relevant activities in ERP system
- Order confirmation to ensure high level of supplier response and up to date delivery dates
- Following the supply process (order-2-supply); incoming goods transaction, tracking outstanding deliveries.
- Proactively resolving supply constraint to protect service.
- Collaboration with the various departments in operations, Product management and finance to resolve process issue which are preventing the flow of product supply
- Developing robust improvement plans with supplier to improve flow of product supply,accuracy of lead time and order confirmation & status update data exchange.
- Optimise stock holding and minimise risk of excess and obsolescence
- Support customer service & sales team on key customer accounts and critical customer supply issue.
- Leading process improvements to ensure all teams have one common purchasing process and increase transactional efficiency.
- Management of purchasing master data within ERP.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain / Logistics, Business Management or a related field is required;
- 2 years of finished goods purchasing experience involving project based purchasing
- Must have previous strong exposure to inventory control/management/reduction in a high SKU environment.
- In depth understand of ERP purchasing functionality.
- Experienced in process improvement and managing change
- Experience in relationship management with suppliers
- Must be English speaking and able to work in teams with remotely located team members
- Results oriented, metrics driven with a root cause, permanent fix approach,continuous improvement approach with high sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal, customer orientation and problem solving, can-do attitude
- Multi-tasking experience and flexibility to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Strong analytic capability able to identify patterns and trends within data which will require Excel and ERP interrogation.